There are now a lot of questions that are of the same caliber:
- What's your favourite programming quote?
- What is your favorite “programmer” cartoon?
- What is your favorite editor/IDE?
- What's your favorite programming joke?
- Can you recommend some good programming blogs?
Should these types of questions be allowed on Programmers.SE, or should we be limiting the scope of the site to subjective questions that promote extended discussion?
It was suggested on the Community Wiki on Programmers question that we should use the Community Wiki flag to allow these types of questions, but prevent rep farming on them. But is that a good solution? What about closing these questions as off-topic even on Programmers.SE?