C and Perl programmer for a suite of Linux based applications and web services.
I prefer to try to help people find how to answer their own questions, than to answer their questions for them. I also try to encourage and hopefully provide constructive feedback on how to improve questions from new(er) programmers, with the goal of hopefully improving the quality of the help their receive.
I view StackOverflow as a tool, rather than a LazyWeb site. In the long term I believe this is necessary to preserve the quality of the site and its usefulness.
Top Network Posts
- 42Why was the first compiler written before the first interpreter?
- 16Is Unix coded in C or C++ or both?
- 13Login without HTTPS, how to secure?
- 11Using Vim when coding a large-scale application
- 10Generating moderately interesting images
- 10Getting started with a microprocessor
- 9Starting off a simple (the simplest perhaps) C compiler?
- View more network posts →