I'm a software task manager, formerly a software engineer. My career has been the unity of digital security, Java Enterprise development, and being a system-level thinker. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none. My strongest skill is communication.
These days, my main goals are making the right big picture choices for my team, building a solid team of great engineers, and making sure that the rest of the world leaves them alone long enough to get good things done.
When I'm not doing software stuff, I study medieval India, study dance, and work in the Burlesque scene.
I'm currently an Engineering Manager at Akamai - I have to admit, it's simply cool to finally work in a company with a real social media policy that will let me be public about where I work! But all views expressed on this or any site by me are my own, for better or worse.
Top Network Posts
- 104What do I say when resigning after just a month?
- 100How can I respond to "Why shouldn't we hire you?"
- 78How can I deal with a difficult coworker?
- 77What are the main things a programmer expects from the senior programmer?
- 66Is it naive to tell my current employer that I'll be leaving, months in advance?
- 60How can I overcome "years of experience" requirements when applying to positions?
- 58Is it generally unacceptable to become close friends with colleagues?
- View more network posts →