Chad La Guardia
Currently, I am a Game Programmer -- taming the C++ beast 40 hours a week. I am a robotics enthusiast and love getting active in the community.
I created the cute, steam-punk robots for the theater production Heddatron (the southern premiere) and won an award from the local critics. As former President of the University of Texas IEEE-Robotics and Automation Society, I brought a better fiscal year for us, as well as more outreach in the community then ever before.
As part of my crusade to better computer science education, I am active as a mentor for a local high school robotics team. I strive to teach them good programming practices and hone their skills through robotics applications. I enjoy working with them and it brings a smile to my face every time one of them gets accepted at major science and engineering universities across the nation.
I am K-12 outreach certified by the Women in Engineering Program at the University of Texas. I currently hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences from the University of Texas.
Top Network Posts
- 66Why can't I return a double from two ints being divided
- 19How do big companies of software developers check for bugs in their programs?
- 18Why is operator% referred to as the "modulus" operator instead of the "remainder" operator?
- 14Dividing integers
- 13Using bitwise OR 0 to floor a number
- 10#if DEBUG Always True for DEBUG and RELEASE modes
- 9Why does the C++ compiler give errors after lines instead of on them?
- View more network posts →