Software Engineer & Architect & Evangelist & Pundit & Skeptic
Started with Unix in 1984. I have no recollection of what version but was labeled IBM, maybe a Unix-style shell on mainframe?, then to C64 (all BASIC line editing by LIST and using the up key), Apple ][ (who didn't?), Windows, Linux and AIX in 1993, OS/400 in 1997. Back on Windows now as a client only to my Linux boxen in the "cloud."
Under my own revolution a little now in that I'm starting to be OK with Windows as the server. With a decent shell and vi, it works for me (gasp).
Top Network Posts
- 47What is ABAP and SAP?
- 27MySQL Binary Storage using BLOB VS OS File System: large files, large quantities, large problems
- 18Do Linux JVMs actually implement Thread priorities?
- 17How does cron internally schedule jobs?
- 14Why no client-side HTML include tag?
- 14How does cron internally schedule jobs?
- 13/tmp vs. /dev/shm for temp file storage on Linux?
- View more network posts →