Freelance contract programmer/computer consultant since 1978, dba SOFTWEST, LLC. (www.softwest.com). BSEE/MSCS. Have been granted 22 US patents (either sole inventor or with others).
I work mostly with embedded microcontroller systems (8-16-32 bit) where I design both the hardware and firmware (usually C or C++). But I also do some web site programming (mostly PHP/MySQL) and Windows programming (C# and Delphi). I also am just starting iPhone development.
Learning Objective-C, Ruby and Python in my spare time.
Top Network Posts
- 45How were the first microprocessors programmed?
- 42How to go from newbie to manufactured?
- 41Why do resistors still use color coding?
- 39Was Harrison Ford the janitor or carpenter on the set of Star Wars?
- 31What exactly is the build number in MAJOR.MINOR.BUILDNUMBER.REVISION
- 28Does frequent sex cause vaginas to become permanently stretched?
- 28Is embedded programming closer to electrical engineering or software development?
- View more network posts →