Since moving to the Bay Area in 2001 I have been working at Pixar.
I'm in charge of the Data Management Group (dmg, get it?) which has a 50 year charter that all data and metadata related to the Studio's feature films and related work remain online, catalogued and accessible in that timeframe.
Prior to that I lived in China and was the Chief Software Architect at AsiaInfo, the company that built China's internet. While there my software was used to grow the China Internet from 200K to 65M users. Since I've left that's grown to about 350M users.
I studied computer science and worked in Texas for many years. I also wrote a couple of computer books.
feel free to drop me a line if you've got any feedback on stuff I've posted here:
Top Network Posts
- 3985Difference between INNER and OUTER joins
- 1667Grep a file, but show several surrounding lines?
- 575How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 553What is the difference between ++i and i++
- 400How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 395Cosmic Rays: what is the probability they will affect a program?
- 361How do I unload (reload) a Python module?
- View more network posts →