About asking questions
- Be able to answer: "What have you tried?"
- For better help sooner, post an SSCCE
- Try to ask your question the Smart Way!
Hello, and welcome to this random assortment of facts.
I have been developing software for a long time. I also manage software projects, but never both at the same time. Why do both, you ask? Well, I'm not a one-trick pony. I enjoy both the tactical aspect of writing code as well as the strategic aspect of keeping the customer happy, the development team happy and building software that will Do Something Useful.
Industries I've Worked
IT is everywhere! Most industries are very similar when it comes to employee needs, although one might think they're very different. I've seen Financial Traders get just as worked up and panicked as Healthcare Staff when their systems aren't working properly. My job is to make it so whatever the user wants to do is EASY and, in effect, so that they don't even notice me.*
- Business Process Improvement,
- Energy (oil, gas, & electricity),
- Property Management, and
- Software (the company's actual product)
- Web Development
- Mobile (Android + IOS) App Development
- Mac OSX is my primary (the command line rocks for unleashing the power of bash)
- Kubuntu for the DT
- Debian for regular server
Windows XBoxPS4 for the games
- Chrome, hands down
- Firefox, if you're nasty
- IE if you want me to hate my job
There isn't really a favorite, just languages that are better suited for a particular task/application.
- Objective C
- NodeJS (Angular, etc)
Top Network Posts
- 44How to properly handle a gzipped page when using curl?
- 28How do I run an XSLT file?
- 19What’s the best strategy for turning off CFLs that will save energy but not reduce lifespan so much
- 17Can "gem install" be configured to install executables outside /usr/bin/ by default?
- 13In a MVC application, should the controller or the model handle data access?
- 13Biodegradable cleaners to remove mold?
- 12Formatting OP's code for readability without tipping them off to the problem
- View more network posts →