My name is Ryan McCauley, and I'm a database/reporting manager for a mid-size cable company. I spent a number of years as a .NET developer (mostly of the VB.NET variety), but now largely focus on T-SQL and the reporting with the Microsoft BI stack.
On my own time, I build small apps to help get things done a little better, and have a couple posted at Codeplex:
- SQL Space Map - if you have some large SQL Server databases and you'd like a visual picture of which tables and indexes are taking up that space, it's the tool for you.
- SQL Server Contention Monitor - watches as may SQL Servers as you want and alerts you to blocked SPIDs, showing you the block tree (which process is blocking which, an what others are affected). It's still in a pretty alpha-ish phase, but it despite some instability at times, it gets the job done.
Check them out and let me know what feedback you have!
Top Network Posts
- 277Connect different Windows User in SQL Server Management Studio (2005 or later)
- 126Changing website favicon dynamically
- 119How do you add a separator to a WinForms menu in C#?
- 101Limitations of SQL Server Express
- 49Forbidding or controlling "Hidden IT..." Who should write and maintain ad-hoc software applications?
- 41Downsides to "WITH SCHEMABINDING" in SQL Server?
- 34How can I tell if a database table is being accessed anymore? Want something like a "SELECT trigger"
- View more network posts →