Best known for being one of the original GNOME developers and leaders (chair of the GNOME Foundation board for a couple of years, personally implemented large parts of the Linux desktop). Founded freedesktop.org; creator of projects such as D-BUS, metacity; implemented many big chunks of the GTK+ toolkit. Author of "GTK+/GNOME Application Development." Hired most of the desktop team at Red Hat, managed this team for a couple of years. Founding tech guy for litl, part of the initial design and development team for their Linux-based consumer device.
Not a financial professional, but lots of finance-related know-how, including passing the CFP exam and CFA Level 1 exam. I'm more acquainted with business/entrepreneurship topics than your average software developer.
- Passionate about great interaction design and design-driven development
- Expert in open source project organization and leadership
- Expert in UI toolkit technology; Linux in particular but also cross-platform
- Experienced software developer and architect
- Engineering management experience with team sizes up to 25
- Deep financial and business knowledge, for a software guy
Top Network Posts
- 42Saving for retirement: How much is enough?
- 28Valgrind reports memory 'possibly lost' when using glib data types
- 26Where to start with personal finance?
- 22Why is Insider Trading Illegal?
- 22Guide to proper escaping in Play framework
- 20How does X11 clipboard handle multiple data formats?
- 19Why is DirectFB not more widely used in GNU/Linux? Are there crippling limitations to it that don't exist in X11?
- View more network posts →