I'm currently working in CMU's Software Engineering Institute, in the CERT division, leading a team of data scientists doing applied cybersecurity research. I've worn a number of hats in the past, including computational neuroscientist, healthcare technical manager, financial quant, freelance web developer, and IT consultant. I find writing therapeutic; you can read my musings on my blog; most articles relate to technical management, with the occasional technical discussion. I also find poi spinning to be a pretty awesome hobby as well.
You can learn more about me on my LinkedIn page. Feel free to contact me about anything and everything at eykanal at erikdev dot com.
Top Network Posts
- 554Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 90Does the ternary operator exist in R?
- 86shell script "for" loop syntax
- 77A student in my course does well on exams, but doesn't do the homework: Go easy on them, or make them "pay the price?"
- 68Progress bar in VBA Excel
- 59"I've somehow convinced everyone that I'm actually good at this" - how to effectively deal with Imposter Syndrome
- 58How to become well-known in the research community while being a PhD student
- View more network posts →